The Aranda Series are back – Thierry Garby
The Aranda Series returns this year to challenge and inspire mediation professionals around the world to use their skills to reconstruct badly disrupted business ties in the midst of unprecedented turbulence and uncertainty in the global economy.
Led by a specially curated international faculty, this year’s Aranda promises a wealth of insights into how mediation practice may evolve when the UNCITRAL Convention on Mediation enters into force in September 2020.
1. Inter-culture mediation – Manon Shonewille and Sukhsimranjit Singh
- Negotiating across cultures: tips and best practices
- Cross-border commercial mediation: the same but different
2. Mediation process design – Aloysius Goh and Jeremy Lack
- Directive co-mediation: a strategic approach for achieving efficient and enforceable solutions
- Preparing for a guided choice mediation or a mixed mode ADR process
3. Mediation Psychology – Thierry Garby and Joel Lee
- Using linguistic presuppositions in communication
- Reason and passions: how emotions can advance mediations
4. Mediation regulations and cross-border enforcement – Chiann Bao and James Claxton
- Ensuring Enforceability of the mediated settlement of a cross border dispute in China
- The non-conventional future of mediation under the Singapore convention
5. Mediation Technology – Radhika Shapoorjee and Marcus Lim
- Give and take-nology: compromises for online mediation?
- The critical role of human interactions in mediation tech.